The Original EMS Village User Name Forums

These are original User Name forums.
If you are looking for the Real Name forums, click here.

Navigation:

FORUMS > ON THE LIGHT SIDE [ REFRESH ]
Thread Title: EMS Songs
Created On Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:45 PM
Pages: [ << 1 2 3 >> Previous Next ]

TRAININGATOEMS
Veteran Villager

Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:38 AM

User is offline View thread in raw text format

I sent him my e-mail by PM, too. He says he left his profile open so we could get his e-mail, but I don't see the little icon that allows us to do that.

Peace,
RG

Bottom

TRAININGATOEMS
Veteran Villager

Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:38 PM

pretzelmn,

Heard anything from bassick?

Peace,
RG

Bottom

tearsong
New Forum Member

Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:03 AM

Just my luck - It appears I found the answer to this question a day late and a dollar short...

Can't find the profile associated with the post of the band-member - I'm guessing he took it down? Does anyone have a copy of this that I could buy? (cassette, record, mp3... 8-track...?)

We had a cassette when I was very young - my dad was an EMT, I followed him for a time... Needless to say, no idea where the tape went - gave up on the internet ages ago. Good job, pretzelmn, for not giving up!

Bottom

pretzelmn
New Forum Member

Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:09 PM

I haven't heard anything. Oh man ... just when we thought we were so close.

Bottom

bassick
New Forum Member

Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:28 PM

NOT TO WORRY! I HAVEN'T GONE ANYWHERE.

I'VE BEEN TRYING TO GET IN TOUCH WITH THE COMPANY THAT HIRED ME FOR THIS PROJECT.

THINGS ARE NOT LOOKING GREAT TO THAT END. I FIGURE THERE HAS TO BE A CASE OR TWO OF THESE THINGS STACHED SOMEWHERE I JUST HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO GET TO THE RIGHT PERSON YET.

AT THE VERY LEAST, I CAN MAKE TAPE COPIES BUT I'M HOLDING OUT FOR BETTER RESULTS.

SORRY ABOUT MY PROFILE BEING CLOSED. I THOUGHT I WAS LEAVING IT OPEN FOR VIEW.

HERE IS MY E-MAIL TUT1348@OPTONLINE.NET
BE WELL ..... JIM

Bottom

tearsong
New Forum Member

Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:36 PM

We wish you luck!

I'll send you an e-mail, there's a couple of things this computer-geek can do to assist I hope...

Edited: Sat Jan 30, 2010 at 4:56 PM by tearsong

Bottom

Chief140
New Forum Member

Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:43 AM

It is a pleasure to know one of the band members....i have long ago lost my tape of ems country express.
had one in 1985......I would love to know how i could buy another and so would a lot of my ems friends..
please contact me at mdrmedic@bellsouth.net.........................................................Chief Rodgers

Bottom

tearsong
New Forum Member

Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:32 AM

SO! We're in luck.

Instead of spending hours upon hours copying many multiples of tapes and shipping them out, I'm going to record a tape (once received by mail) to mp3, and host the songs on my site - free for download. (Please don't smack me with the mod-stick! Jim (aka Bassick - band member of EMS Country Express) is fully aware of what's going on, and has given his blessing! lol)

I'll let you guys know when I get the tape and start recording - he said he will ship it out this week. We're in the home stretch!

Bottom

ESPARKS
Veteran Villager

Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:38 PM

User is offline View users profile View thread in raw text format

Outstanding !!!!
How many years have we been trying to track this down Training???
Ed

-------------------------
Take care and play safe out there !!!

The dean of common sense

Edited: Tue Feb 09, 2010 at 11:39 PM by ESPARKS

Bottom

TRAININGATOEMS
Veteran Villager

Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:28 AM

Probably at least 7 or 8 years. The current thread here is 5 years old and I mentioned the album in an earlier thread at least two years before this one.

It will be great to hear this music once again. Only trouble is we'll probably have to explain some of the references in the songs to the "newer" generation! But, then again, that's how they learn, right?

Peace,
RG

Bottom

tearsong
New Forum Member

Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:24 PM

I got the tape from my parents yesterday (long story short, I don't have a real mailbox in the building where I live) and am starting to record the songs. I should be finished by Sunday or Monday at the latest! I'll post the link here as things come together.

Bottom

tearsong
New Forum Member

Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:24 AM

The songs are now up available for download!

Thank you, Bassick, for being generous enough to answer our forum posts, hopes, dreams, and prayers!

<a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://noyoki.com/emscountryexpress/">http://saavikam.com/emscountryexpress/</a>
Forgive the blandness of the page, I'm no web developer, but it does the job I think. There is a link to each file individually, and to a zip file containing all files in 1 download.

Please let me know if there are any issues with anything. (Either via PM or reply post here. You can also use emsvillage ( at ) saavikam ( dot ) com.)

There is still some popping, hissing, and clicking that may still be noticeable. I silenced the ones I could during dead times, however there are a couple that occur during the songs, so there's not much I can do with those without distorting the sound around it. But hey, it leaves that genuine "cassette tape" feel to it!

I can't believe I can listen to these songs again!

Edit: I lost the domain (long story), so it's now on another one. Sorry!

Edited: Fri May 28, 2010 at 9:13 AM by tearsong

Bottom

bassick
New Forum Member

Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:19 PM

Nice job Tearsong!

Hope all of you enjoy!

Roy, my offer still stands but I think you'll be fine.

Be well,
Jim

Bottom

BushyFromOz
Veteran Villager

Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:05 PM

This is fantastic, intravenous confusion had me laughing my ass off!

Took them to work and the boys love it

Small fan base growing in Australia

Veteran Villager, Amateur Ambo

BushyFromOz - Village Idiot and understudy to the Village Drunk

Bottom

ESPARKS
Veteran Villager

Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:08 PM

A great big thanks to both Bassick and tearsong for finally getting this accomplished.
As Training & I talked about above, we've been trying to find this for at least the better part of ten years.
Ed

The dean of common sense

Bottom

TRAININGATOEMS
Veteran Villager

Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:31 PM

This is so great!!!!!!!!!! Thank you both. I haven't tried burning the CD yet, but I'll try it soon!

Peace,
RG

Edited: Mon Feb 22, 2010 at 8:33 PM by TRAININGATOEMS

Bottom

tearsong
New Forum Member

Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:50 AM

Silly question... I just started my EMT-B course so forgive me if I mis-spell stuff!

I happened to remember one of the lines from "Every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday Night" in class the other night, as we were going over shock, being "I went on to explain, to present a clinical picture, Vasobagal dialation, the neuro-humeral defense mechanism, offer static hypotension, and the latest studies of shock sequila in the traumatized patient."

What is "Shock Sequila"? (Assuming I'm spelling it right, Google doesn't know.... )

As an aside, when and if I ever get that far, I REALLY want to use his line to the question "Why do you want to become an EMT?" ("I want to ameliorate pain and suffering, intervene in situations that threaten life and limb, and provide high levels of emergency care in order to reduce morbidity and mortality.") Except I'm afraid it's not quite as popular here in NYC as it was out in the station my dad worked for, so the interviewer will look at me kinda funny instead... lol

Edit: Nevermind - Google did know... he was just holding out on me!! lol
Sequela (plural sequelae), a Latin word meaning a pathological condition resulting from a medical problem. For instance, a stroke can be a sequela of untreated high blood pressure."

Edited: Thu Apr 22, 2010 at 1:27 PM by tearsong

Bottom

ESPARKS
Veteran Villager

Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:51 PM

Good job Tearsong: You passed the test in learning new medical terminology for class.
Ed

The dean of common sense

Bottom

jayffemt
Veteran Villager

Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:12 PM

Downloaded it right to my MP3, it helped pass the time during an 11 hour transfer yesterday.

Thanks for defining sequila, now I know that a bad hangover is just "tequila sequila".

Only 1*

Bottom

tearsong
New Forum Member

Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:43 PM

Ok, most people say that their dog ate their homework... Well, ICANN ate my domain. (And my associated e-mail addresses, dammit.)

I'll have this back up (on a different URL) in a day or two... Mea Culpa..

Edit: Sorry, I'd updated the link in the original post, forgot to update this one... It's back up here: http://www.saavikam.com/emscountryexpress/

Edited: Tue Aug 10, 2010 at 2:49 PM by tearsong

Bottom

1emtchic
New Forum Member

Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:25 PM

Has anyone heard Sequoyah Rain's song "Hero". The lyrics are here: http://www.reverbnation.com/artist/song_details/4199079

The group can now be found on iTunes too! I love these guys..

Bottom

jayffemt
Veteran Villager

Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:35 PM

Very well done song.

Only 1*

Bottom

maryachi
New Forum Member

Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:49 AM

I'm looking for a copy of these songs too. PLEASE if anyone has a copy to sell or share let me know.

Bottom

pasquale
New Forum Member

Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:57 PM

I would like to get a copy of these songs as well. Is there a download site? I tried the sites listed and they are a dead end

Bottom

haus
New Forum Member

Sun May 15, 2011 9:50 PM

Hello to all, I am Ed Hauser and I produced and wrote most of the "You Respond" album.
And hello to Jim Bassick, long time.
Google didn't exist when this album was made and for some reason, in all this time, it never occured to me to google the title.
A friend of mine recently did, and he found this forum and sent me an email.
So give me some time to do this but I think I will set up a web site for this album.
The copyrights to the album are owned by Emergency Training/Educational Direction who I worked for for 10 years. I'm quite sure the company no longer exists. I'm not sure how the copyright rules work in that case. All of the songs are available on the internet now in at least one location (Jim I think). I will put together a site with those or maybe I'll make new mp3s. I have a version of the original studio master though the thing will probably disintigrate when I try play it.
On the site I'll put the album front and back covers and whatever trivia I can come up with about the project.
It's great to read this forum and see there is still life in this project.
Thanks,
Ed

Bottom

ESPARKS
Veteran Villager

Mon May 23, 2011 8:51 PM

Originally posted by: haus
Hello to all, I am Ed Hauser and I produced and wrote most of the "You Respond" album.
And hello to Jim Bassick, long time.
Google didn't exist when this album was made and for some reason, in all this time, it never occured to me to google the title.
A friend of mine recently did, and he found this forum and sent me an email.
So give me some time to do this but I think I will set up a web site for this album.
The copyrights to the album are owned by Emergency Training/Educational Direction who I worked for for 10 years. I'm quite sure the company no longer exists. I'm not sure how the copyright rules work in that case. All of the songs are available on the internet now in at least one location (Jim I think). I will put together a site with those or maybe I'll make new mp3s. I have a version of the original studio master though the thing will probably disintigrate when I try play it.
On the site I'll put the album front and back covers and whatever trivia I can come up with about the project.
It's great to read this forum and see there is still life in this project.
Thanks,
Ed

Welcome to the village Ed. Glad that one more piece of the puzzle has found it's way to our site. It would be awesome if your master copy could be digitzed and put on a website.
I started in EMS back in 1971 and remember when this album came out. The original cassette tape gave up the ghost many years ago.
Ed

The dean of common sense

Bottom

TRAININGATOEMS
Veteran Villager

Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:49 PM

Hi Ed and welcome to EMS Village! Too cool to have another originator of "songs for us" on the board. If you do establish a website, please be sure to post on here and let us know.

I would still love to have a good CD (or even cassette) version of the album. The electronic copy I had thanks to Jim was destroyed when the hard drive on my old computer crashed!

Peace,
RG

Bottom

JustAnEMT
New Forum Member

Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:38 AM

Ed,

I own an Internet hosting company and will be thrilled to host the site for you for free. If you're interested, contact me directly!

Sam

Bottom

JustAnEMT
New Forum Member

Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:48 AM

Thought y'all might like this one, as well....

http://www.davecarrollmusic.com/911song/

Would love to hear what you think!

Sam

Edited: Thu Jun 23, 2011 at 5:49 AM by JustAnEMT

Bottom

TRAININGATOEMS
Veteran Villager

Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:25 AM

Pretty cool song and the guy has a great voice, but, as usual, EMS gets the short end of the stick. I wonder why he chose to leave EMS out of an otherwise good song? Unless the ten second "cameo" of two of us stretcha fetchas helping the injured cop was suppossed to be enough.

Now, if you are a cop or a firefighter, this song and video are right down your alley. Anybody besides me tired of EMS getting disrespected and underrepresented by otherwise well-meaning members of the general public?

Peace,
RG

Bottom

Pages: [ << 1 2 3 >> Previous Next ]
FORUMS > ON THE LIGHT SIDE [ REFRESH ]

FuseTalk 3.1 - Copyright � 1999-2002 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.